Topics to be discussed
The aim of the 28th – 29th May Conference in Rome is to provide a forum to discuss critical issues related to how Integrated Thinking can build a bridge between corporate purpose and sustainable strategy, while articulating a path able to achieve both financial performance and societal/environmental impact. Among others, the topics to be discussed include:
- What is the ultimate purpose of Integrated Thinking, Management and Reporting?
- What is the Executives’ and the Board’s view on Integrated Thinking and Reporting?
- How to align corporate purpose to sustainable strategies and business model?
- How can sustainable strategy contribute to the achievement of the SDGs?
- What has been the impact of new regulatory frameworks on corporate reporting?
- What is a business sense of purpose? And what is the role of organizational leaders?
- How is corporate purpose articulated, measured, and implemented within organizations, and across the value chain?
- How does the embrace of corporate purpose and Integrated Thinking improve the performance of the business and its ability to generate long-term sustainable value within organizations, and across the value chain?
- How can capital markets and investors incorporate respect for Integrated Thinking about business and sustainable/impactful strategies?
- What are the implications of climate change for businesses and institutional investors?
- What kinds of political or institutional shifts might contribute to building an integrated and inclusive society focused on rewarding the alignment of corporate purpose with sustainable strategy?
- What “paradigm shift” (if any) is required to move from sustainability to impact evaluation?
- How to generate measurable social and environmental impact alongside a financial return?
- How to make impact evaluation strategic? What is the competitive advantage of adopting an impactbased strategy in doing business?
- How is impact currently assessed?
- What is the role (if any) that Academia wishes (is expected) to play in the making of purposeful businesses and prosperous societies?